Thursday, February 5, 2009

What kind of container are you?

In my quiet time the other day, I came to 2 Timothy 2:20-21. The Message paraphrases it this way:

In a well-furnished kitchen there are not only crystal goblets and silver platters, but waste cans and compost buckets - some containers used to serve fine meales, others to take out the garbage. Become the kind of container God can use to present any and every kind of gift to his guests for their blessing.

I hope that God will use me as fine crystal and silver, to bring his beautiful gospel to those who don't know Him. One of the big things I heard from God during my weekend is that I need to share my story. So, if you're interested in my story, check back over the next few days to read it.

On another note, I'm getting closer on the John Deere dresser! Hopefully I will finish it this weekend!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Can't wait to read more!! And at least our weather should be beautiful for the next week so you can get that dresser done!!
Elise
I feel you on the spreading the message. I sometimes feel like I am not always good at doing that. I also know its not what I say, but how I live. You know??

Anonymous said...

Hadley,

I have your box almost ready, too! So much fun. I thought of you yesterday when I was mopping. =)