Monday, April 6, 2009

Sewing, Sewing, Sewing!

I have been having a good time! I worked on a few things for my car. I made an organizer for my center console. . . the thing is huge, and stuff was getting lost in there! I am really happy with how it turned out.








I also made some organizers for the girls to keep all of their little things. Here it is before I put it in my car. The top left is a crayon caddy (like a crayon roll, but it velcros in place). The others are varying sized pockets. I used this tutorial for inspiration. It was actually a very simple project that I made from my stash. The striped fabric used to be curtains in our room.



I have several things on my list of things I want to do this week! Hopefully I will be able to fit a few of them in...

10 comments:

Whitney said...

That is so cool! Do you sell those?

DairyQueen said...

Whitney, you are sweet! I don't think my sewing skills are good enough to actually sell anything. We might want to make sure it lasts a week without falling apart :) If I improve enough, I might sell somethings. One day. May be.

Katie said...

Wow I've never thought about an organizer for your console! What a great idea, I am jealous that yours is so big and roomy!

Hillary @ The Other Mama said...

I am so impressed! Those are amazing!!

Hillary @ The Other Mama said...

Hey Hadley,
I know I have your e-mail address somewhere, but would you mind sending it to me again?
This mama has lost her every-lovin' mind... daily..

Thanks!
Hillary
theothermama1@gmail.com

Janna said...

SO CUTE! Jealous that I can't do something that cute!

Kristin - The Goat said...

OMGoodness! I think that center console caddy is just remarkable. I need to make something to keep a blanket rolled up and I have a feeling it's going to take me weeks to get it figured out - I bet it would take you a few moments LOL

These are great.
Kristin (The Goat)

DairyQueen said...

Kristin ~ I actually want to do the same thing! If you come up with something, please let me know! If anyone else knows of a good tutorial, please share! I want to make them so the roll and have handles. It can either be attached to the blanket or not, but I want it to be easy enough for my girls to do on their own.

Anonymous said...

Oooh, awesome! My sewing stuff needs organizing so bad lol.

Heidi Boos said...

This makes me wish I could sew!! So does the dress and bandana skirt from the post below. Jealous!! ;)