Monday, June 1, 2009

Themes we're planning for this year

I am working on a list of themes we want to cover this year. I don't know what order we will go in, or how long we will spend on each theme. As long as we have fun stuff to do with each unit, and they are learning and having fun, we will stick with it.

Insects and bugs (this will include worms, caterpillars, ants, etc.)

Farm animals (I wonder if we could find a dairy farm to visit?? LOL)

Zoo animals (probably include this with a jungle theme)

5 Senses (All about me - we will learn body parts as well as five senses)

Pond Life (frogs, ducks, geese, fish, snakes, etc)

Taking care of our bodies (hygiene, eating healthy, exercise, etc)

4 comments:

Fresh Squeezed Orange Juice said...

This week is farm week for us..too bad your dairy farm isn't in SoCal ha ha... do you know how to make butter?

Jenny said...

Great ideas! I really need to think about next year more. Right now, I'm just excusing it by telling myself we can be unschoolers!

I have an award for you on my blog:

http://ourniftynotebook.blogspot.com/2009/06/mom-of-year.html

momstheword said...

o.k., I'm thinking you are probably talking about things you will cover in homeschooling and not on this blog, right? (Just kidding!).

Oh it sounds like so much fun!!!! I loved, loved, loved teaching health and manners!!!!!

Thank you for your sweet coments, you are right, nothing remains the same and it's always intereting to read about new and different stuff!

Elise said...

This past fall we went to an apple farm with our HS group and it was a lot of fun. We also go to the pumpkin patch. They have a field trip program so they actually teach you how the pumpkins grow, etc. then you get to actually cut your own off the vine. Its so much fun and the kids really like it, too!!
Elise