Thursday, May 15, 2008

kids, decorating, life?

So, last night when I couldn't sleep, I was thinking about my blog. Many blogs I read have a theme. Decorating. Kids. Shopping deals. Crafts. Mine seems to be so random, so I was thinking may be I should streamline and stick to one topic. Then it hit me. It really is all one topic. LIFE. Our life. So, I hope you'll stick around to see and hear all about my latest decorating project, craft project, what my kids or husband are up to, and how I saved $40 dollars at the grocery store yesterday (seriosly!).

Today, I made some little curtains for my island. It has always been a bit messy under there, and I decided instead of letting it collect junk, that I would put curtains on there and make it useful. Now, I have sippy cups, plastic plates and bowls, snacks, and ziplock bags under there.



I think now I will take down the poor, tired fruit napkin curtains and use the same fabric to make new curtains. Then, in a couple of months when I'm bored I'll put up some totally cute, fresh fruit napkins! My poor sweet Joel is learning to adjust to all our fabric!

I also wanted to show you all a totally cute gift idea. My friend, Tracey (I would link you to her cute blog except she doesn't have one...isn't that a shame??!) got one of these and decided to make a few. Here are the pictures she took of her little creations! She took an acrylic frame with a magnet on the back (or you can use one of the free standing ones for a desktop version), fixed it all cute with the first initial and scrapbook paper, and slapped a post it pad on there! How adorable is that? The second picture shows it gift wrapped in an envelope.




So, that's us for tonight. We had a fun night with Joel's family here. I'll try to get those pictures up soon.

Until Next Time,
~Hadley~

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog! Let me know if you can get your husband to do the kid-size kitchen; I'm sure it would look great! I actually got mine off of ebay (that's pretty much the only thing in my oldest's room that wasn't made by my husband!)

Anonymous said...

I am liking that post it note idea! Think I'll make it for my friend Hadley's birthday!!! :)