Thursday, May 8, 2008

Strawberry Fun

Joel, the girls, and I went strawberry pickin' yesterday! Some friends of ours invited us out to pick, and they sent us home with all the strawberries from their garden! I have a freezer full of strawberries, and friends who have fresh strawberries, and have more to do something with fast! We all had a great time, and now I feel like Bubba Gump did about shrimp only with strawberries...strawberry ice cream, strawberry shortcake, strawberry truffle, strawberry pie....






I'll spare you the pictures Joel took of my rear end while I was bent over picking! (you're welcome)

Needless to say, yesterday afternoon was spent slicing and freezing strawberries.

Today was spent running around doing all our errands. I went to Wal-Mart and got a trunk full of flowers, some for my grandma and some for us, and spent the afternoon planting all of them!

Tomorrow is operation house recovery. Wish me luck.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I saw your comment over at Nester's and thought I'd stop by and say hello. I really like your blog. I'm just getting started and it's nice to see other relatively new bloggers.

Love your strawberry pickin' pictures. I can't wait until strawberries come into season here. I've been buying the California ones for about a month. They've actually been pretty good this year but there's nothing as good as locally grown.

Kim

Anonymous said...

Oh wow! I am SOOOOO envious of all those strawberries!!! I LOVE them! That must have been so fun for the kids! :)

Anonymous said...

Hi Hadley! It looks like you had fun! What darling pictures of your little ones! Mmmm, strawberries! My hubby has a special talent for taking pictures of me that I NEVER want anyone to see because they're so unflattering. I think he does it on purpose.

Hope you have a wonderful Mother's Day weekend!