Thursday, May 22, 2008

Sewing, Painting, and Bruising!

First off, I want to show off my first sewing project! I am very new at this, I've only sewn a few straight lines besides this little purse. I found lots of tutorials online, and made this bag. I am totally loving it! (If you're related to me and a girl, you can be looking for this at a Christmas near you! ~ you can pick your own fabric if you want!)



Yesterday, I decided to paint a little desk I've had for years to put in Mary Helen's room. On the way out, I got tangled up, fell out the door and got this:



But, I did paint the desk, and the girls painted bird houses made for them by a family friend. We all had fun painting, and I'm only in pain when I move, so that's good!





I forgot to get an after of the desk...I'll get one soon!

Today was my birthday, and I have felt so special! Friends that you don't get to talk to often enough call, and friends stop by with apothecary jars (Thanks, Tracey, How did you know I would LOVE it??), flowers (thanks, Amy!!), or lots of thrift store jars and other things for my collections (thanks, Aunt Sheila!). I also got a gift card to Joanne's so I can sew something else!!

Until Next Time!
~Hadley~

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am completely impressed with your bag; that was your first project?! You should see how many complete sewing failures I had (and still do!) before I made anything that looked half-way decent! Great job!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Hadley! That scrape doesn't look like a very fun birthday present! I love your bag. I just got a sewing machine and after I practice a little I'm thinking I might try a bag too. Your girls look like they're having to much fun with those birdhouses. What cuties!

Anonymous said...

Very cute bag! So sorry about your tumble. Your girls and their projects are darling. Can't wait to see an after pic of the desk. :)

Anonymous said...

Love your purse! thanks for stopping by. Maybe at your 100th post you can give away one of your purses! yeah... With those two cutiepatootie girls you have you should try and make pillow case dresses. I hear they are easy to make. I wouldnt know cause I cant sew worth a toot! Nice to meet you, Susie H