Friday, April 18, 2008

Friday's Random Thoughts

I wanted to start this post off giving you something to smile about. Yesterday, I sent Mary Helen to her room to get dressed so we could go to Wal Mart. She went and after a few minutes came back ready to go. Now, we have gone out with her in her full princess attire, sweat suits and Sunday shoes, Sunday clothes and "work" (rubber) boots, and generally mis-matched. BUT today, I drew the line when she came out dressed like this.







Last night I was blessed to be able to have an amazing group of women in our home to celebrate a new baby. There is nothing more amazing than a new life growing inside of a woman. It is especially easy to celebrate when you know that the new baby will be raised in a loving, godly home. Joel was kind enough (as usual) to take Mary Helen and Anna to McDonalds to eat and play and then to the park to play while we "bunch of hens" enjoyed a bunch of girl talk!

I want to give one more plug for the devotion book I'm reading, Ordinary Mom, Extraordinary God by Mary DeMuth (and I promise I don't get any money ~ this is a free advertisement!). I can't tell you how encouraging and challenging this book has been to me. If I write a summary here everytime I read something I'd like to pass along, I would probably be facing a lawsuit for plagarism!

Anyways, next time you're book shopping, be sure this one is on your list!So, what are you reading these days? Leave a comment so I'll know what to pick up the next time I hit the bookstore!

Well, I'm off to do some much needed laundry, and finish up a birthday present for a very special birthday boy (you can see him and his adorable little sister here)!

Have a great weekend!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hadley,

I LOVED that book! I got it from the library to see how I would like it...but it is one I plan to buy. I have some other good ones too if you want to PM me (ColoradoGirl) on the H@H board. I'm glad you mentioned this book! Have a great day,

Kristi