Saturday, April 12, 2008

Lazy Saturdays

Since I don't get to really take off from my job, I try to do very little on Saturdays so I feel like I've had a break! Of course, on Sundays, I feel it is my duty to rest from my normal activities, and let Joel take care of the kids as much as possible!

Anyway, I did feed the kids (I don't take completely off - DFACS wouldn't appreciate adding me to their caseload!). I did a little laundry, because I enjoy listening to broadcasts online (Family Life Today, Focus on the Family, and Homemakers by Choice) while I fold.

Then I planned my next two weeks menus this afternoon. This is probably the best thing I do for my sanity. I can make a shopping list and stick to it (I don't need that box of cookies - it's not on the menu!), I don't have to think for two more weeks about what's for dinner, and I save money! Those "quick" trips to the store cost me a lot of money!

I also took a nap, and although I couldn't fall asleep really hard, I stayed there for a good 2 hours while Anna napped and Mary Helen watched movies.

So, this is going to be a busy week. On Monday, Anna has her hernia surgery. That should be a pretty quick day surgery and we should be home Monday afternoon. On Thursday, I am hosting a baby shower; and on Friday, we are hosting our couple's Bible study. Luckily I have casseroles in the freezer for the shower and meat in the freezer for the tacos for Friday. I am also working to have a yard sale the first Saturday in May. Luckily my grandma owes me, and will be coming to help me sort for my yard sale!

I will post as soon as I can how Anna's surgery goes, and I am hoping to add some of my favorite blogs on here this week!

No comments: