Sunday, April 20, 2008

What I love about Sundays

I love going to church. I used to not love it, but that's because I didn't have a relationship with the Lord, so it was nothing more than a religious habit. I went because my grandparents liked seeing me there and because I at least looked like a good girl. I was really just a wretched sinner in need of God's grace. Thankfully, God loves sinners, and he loved me enough to get me to a church (in a most unusual way) that spoke not only God's love, but His truth. It was there that my life began to change. When I made a commitment to give my life to God, my heart began to change immediately, and my actions would slowly follow.



Because of things going on in my life at the time, I left that church, and there are so many people there who really have no idea the impact they had on my life by living the truth.



All of those events happened about 6 years ago, and God in His goodness continues to grow me each day. I now have a wonderful church family who knows how to worship the Lord and who truly loves him. I love going to the nursing home each week and singing the same hymns every Sunday. Listening to men and women in their 70s, 80s, and 90s sing about God's goodness and grace is just overwhelming sometimes. Then I get to go to church and hear our wonderful praise team and choir and listen to the truth of God's Word all at the same time!



I pray that my desire to be in church will always remain and that Joel and I will pass that on to our children.

For the past several weeks, I have not been sleeping well. I have been having hot flashes and night sweats. I don't know what's wrong with me, but it's driving me crazy! I went to bed last night about 11:30 and then finally around 12:30, I got up and went to watch tv in the playroom. Sometime around two I finally fell asleep, but had myself in a horrible position and woke up terribly sore. Joel ended up taking the girls to church and going to the nursing home without me. I met up with them at church at 11:00. So, as you can guess, my day feels incomplete! Anyways, I have an appointment with my doctor Friday to see what's going on. (And I KNOW I am neither pregnant nor going through menopause!)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks so much for visiting my little blog today! I see that you are a new blogger too. It's so much fun and you "meet" so many nice people!

I totally agree with you about the feeling you get going to church. Although I will admit we don't go near as often as we should, I always get all choked up when we're there, especially when singing. It makes getting through the songs difficult sometimes!

Anonymous said...

Hi there! Thanks for stopping by over at chatting at the sky. I always love hearing from other moms who have been there. What a strange and wonderful forum we have here in this blogging world! Hope to see you again.