Wednesday, April 2, 2008

So, here I am!

In the blogging world!

I love reading other people's blogs, even people I don't know. Especially moms.

I guess the best place to start is to tell you about my family and myself.

I am married to a wonderful man. After 5 years of marriage, (which I know is not very long in the grand scheme of things) I still sometimes find myself in awe that God has blessed me with such an incredible husband. He is the most unselfish, loving person I know! Add to that a great daddy, and I tell ya, he's wonderful!

We have to amazing daughters, Mary Helen, who is 3 1/2, and Anna who is 1 1/2. Mary Helen loves cows, riding her bicycle, puzzles, and drinking milk! Anna enjoys doing anything her big sister is doing, playing in the sand, eating, and going for walks.

I am so blessed to be able to stay home. When Joel and I were talking about getting married and having children, he told me that he would love for me to be able to stay home and take care of our kids. Honestly, I had never considered the option until then. I was going to be a teacher. I decided when I was 4 years old that I was going to be a teacher, and I never looked back until that day. But of course, then I was in college, and figured we would get married in a couple of years (or in 4 months!), I would work a couple of years, and then we would have kids. Well, God certainly has a sense of humor!

After much prayer together, Joel and I knew that we were meant to be married, and decided to get married right away (another prayerful decision). I continued to go to school, but got pregnant the fall after we married. We decided that I should take a year off from school, then go back when Mary Helen was a year old. So I did, and in November after I started school in August, I found out I was pregant again. We decided to do the same thing - stay home a year and return for my last year of school. Of course, by now we know that I wouldn't teach for some time, may be not even until our kids were out of school. As time came for me to register for school again, I knew I could not do it. I knew my place was in our home. I don't regret my decision.

I am so passionate about being a mother and wife, and staying home to take care of them. It is, in my opion, the most high calling.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful writer you are!! I am so glad you've joined the blogging world!

~Brooke (cali_mom for H@H)